Top Tips when using a babysitter!
Leaving your little ones in the care of a babysitter can be a bit nerve-racking. Find A Babysitter Spain can help to ease your worries. All carers are native English speaking, CRB checked (that’s a police check) and experienced with children. New to the coast and covering Marbella to Gibraltar, you can feel confident to go out for an evening with your partner, spend a quiet day shopping, or go and see a movie. Make it a holiday for the whole family by having some quality adult time too!
Here’s a few tips to make things easier for your babysitter:
1. Contact details: Write down your contact telephone numbers and when you want to be called, such as when the baby cries or only if the toddler vomits or has a nightmare.
2. Children’s medications or treatments: Whether over the counter or a prescription, write down dosages and times with the child’s name on a note, along with the location of the medication or equipment, such as an asthma-related breathing treatment.
3. Food and drink instructions: When is snack time? What is not allowed? Are the children permitted sweets or soft drinks, etc?
4. Bathroom information: Can they go to the toilet by themselves? Do they wear pull-ups to bed? Nappy changes? Specific towels?
5. Allergies: Give specific directions, allergy symptoms and treatment, and reminders, e.g. cat allergy; or indications of an impending asthma attack.
6. Bedtime routine: E.g. television off by 9pm; only one bedtime story; drinks before bed, etc.